Amphetamine is a William Gustafson software prodigy which is basically the upgraded version of the renowned menu bar application, Caffeine. This little tool houses itself within your menu bar and allows you to tweak around with tasks such as energy saving of your Mac device or keeping a check and balance for your application to live. You can easily achieve all that and much more on your Mac, all thanks to Amphetamine.
Amphetamine – macOS App Review
Developer: William Gustafson
Size: 3.4 MB
Version: OS X 10.8 or later
In-App Purchase: No
Last Updated: Sep 19, 2016
Version Of App: 3.0.2
To access Amphetamine, you will have to activate the application on your Mac. You can activate it by clicking on the menu icon which is shown on your desktop after installation. You can simply edit preferences for sleep time and energy saver settings using a custom defined hotkey. You can set the hotkey within the preferences option. The application offers you to choose a hotkey for activation/deactivation of your Amphetamine app on Mac.
For users of Amphetamine, the best part is that you don’t have to keep the application in your Dock. It simply lives and entirely runs from your Mac menu bar located on top of the screen.
What does Amphetamine Locks Within Itself?
Amphetamine packs a number of outclass features using which you can easily override your energy saving settings and keep your Mac alive for as long as you want.
Here are some of the benefits of using Amphetamine on Mac
- Amphetamine keeps your Mac awake at all times. You can optionally turn customize which display and drives you want to keep awake.
- You can choose from a handful number of activation time presets. If you don’t like any, you can always create your own.
- It comes with auto-activate and auto-deactivate features with battery drop of a specified threshold. It reactivates once you plug in your power adapter
- If some specific application is running in the background and you want to take some time off from the screen, amphetamine can allow you that.
- Amphetamine allows you to activate/deactivate mac screen using a single click directly from the menu bar.
- Customize your activation/deactivation as per your preferences on specific time of the day. There is no stopping to that.
- With activation of Amphetamine, you don’t have to worry about your HDDs/SDDs to hit sleep. It keeps them all awake.
- The application is pre-configured to automatically activate after the launch login.
- The application sends custom notifications on alerts on activation/deactivation while running.
- You can customize hotkeys as per preferences to activate/deactivate amphetamine app.
While most menu bar applications are not given enough consideration to support, Amphetamine ensures that the application supports the latest scripting and effective Retina display to give an amazing experience to each individual.
The application comes with a full retina display support which is fully compatible with the OS X’s dark mode. It also comes with support for custom notification settings and choosing your own status icons. You can also set the settings to either allow or disengage screen savers.
It is highly recommended that you make sure your Amphetamine application is activated before you proceed with your day-to-day task on Mac. To activate your app, simply click on the menu bar icon for Amphetamine.
In case, you fail to activate Amphetamine on your Mac device, the device will automatically sleep as per its original energy saver settings.
You can’t find a better control on your Mac device energy saving as the updated version of Caffeine menu bar app, Amphetamine offers. It is devised with a single purpose in mind; to give you utterly exceptional control over your device while you make a handy use of it. Talking to your beloved on Skype, watching a movie or enjoying a healthy webinar session, just turn Amphetamine on and save exceptional battery time while your Mac device stay awake.